The current COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has changed how everyone works, plays, and lives. There is lots of uncertainty about services that many of us once took for granted. Residential construction is considered an ‘essential service’ so rest assured your home renovation project can still continue! We’re here to assure you that the Hille’s team of builders and designers are still working, and are committed to the safety of our customers and employees.
What is Hille’s doing to stop the spread of COVID-19?
We’re ensuring that the Australian Government’s social distancing criteria is met at all times on our job sites. Some of the measures our Hille’s builders are doing on site include:
• only allowing essential Hille’s employees and contractors on a building site, and ensuring any external visitors are at the site by appointment only
• ensuring any building work happening in enclosed or internal spaces is adhering to the 1 person per 4 square metre rule. For example, if we’re renovating a bathroom that’s six square metres, only one or two Hille’s staff members will be working in the room at any given time
• following the 1.5 metre social distancing rule at all times – no exceptions
• ensuring all Hille’s employees practice excellent hygiene with on-site hand sanitsation stations
• regularly cleaning and disinfecting areas in our work zones that our customers may later touch – like door handles, light fixtures, and taps
• working closely with our customers to ensure we’re not putting them at risk. This includes banning any Hille’s employees with cold or fly symptoms from the site.
Are you following any Government or industry body guidelines?
Absolutely. We’re following both the Australian Government guidelines as well as industry guidelines from the HIA. We display HIA guidelines at all building sites to ensure our staff and customers understand the vital protocols we must all be following.
Can I still go ahead with my home extension or renovation project?
It’s business as usual for the Hille’s team – albeit with minor adjustments to the way we work! We are available as normal for end-to-end home renovations and extensions in Melbourne and the surrounding regions. If you wish to limit your physical contact with us, we can arrange virtual planning meetings. Plus, the software our designers use to bring your dream home plans to life has excellent online sharing features.
During COVID-19, can I still live in my home while it’s being renovated?
We always want to make sure our customers are as comfortable as possible, so if you wish to remain in your home during your renovation, we’ll work with you to make that happen. It’s important that you do let us know if anyone in your home is feeling unwell, or may have been recently exposed to COVID-19.
The Hille’s team would love to talk to you about your next home extension or renovation. Please contact us today to find out how we can work together to bring your dream home to life!